Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Juice it up

The first time I tried green juice I thought I was going to puke or cry.  I wasn't sure which.  Now I can guzzle that shit with the best of them.  For those of you who are new to juicing, it is much like that first shot of vodka or that first cig.  You try it, it tastes nasty, but it makes you feel great so you continue to do it.   But with green juice there is no hangover, it hydrates you with powerful chlorophyll, and makes you gorgeous instead of haggard.  Green juice does not drunk dial. 

Here is what I juiced this morning:

1 beet
2 c. beet greens
1 lemon
1/2 inch piece of ginger
2 celery stalks
1 carrrot
1 cucumber

Green juice like this is best on an empty stomach, so try to drink it on its own.  Set a goal for yourself to try it.  Then work up to having it once a week.  Right now, my goal is 3x a week. 

If you don't have a juicer, Oasis Living Cuisine in Frasier, PA has wonderful juices and their owner, Tiffany, is one of the nicest people EVER.  She is knowledgeable and a genius in the kitchen.  Go in for a delicious, healthy meal, juice, or raw chocolate feast! 

http://www.oasislivingcuisine.com/

Have a great day!!!!!

xoxo
J

2 comments:

  1. Is this the first green juice I should try? Or is there a way to ease myself into green juice? Like a baby vodka shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally ease in. Try cucumber,lemon and celery to start. Or add a green apple or pear

    ReplyDelete