The recipe came from
Here are the tweaks I made:
- 1 pounds of lean ground beef
- 6 strips of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 large vidalia (or any) onion
- Spices- cinnamon and salt
- 1 skillet or pan
- Coconut oil or ghee to grease your slow cooker
- This recipe recommends you microwave your potatoes before you peel them. I don't do microwaves. Preheat oven to 350 and soften your sweet potatoes in the oven- the microwave is a piece of shit that zaps the nutrients out of your food. If you don't have to, don't use it.
- Peel and slice your sweet potatoes into 1/8″ slices
- Dice your bacon finely and brown it in a pan into crisp pieces
- Remove your bacon from the pan and set it aside for later
- Dice your onions into large chunks and add to your pan along with your ground beef. Make sure you use a deep skillet or pan big enough to brown 2 pounds of beef and 2 onions.
- Season your beef
- Make sure your beef is fully browned and onions are translucent.
- Beat your 4 eggs in a bowl, blender, or food processor.
- Grease your slow cooker with some coconut oil.
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with slices of sweet potato. Just enough so that you cover the bottom.
- Spoon in a layer of your seasoned beef onto the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle some of your crisped bacon pieces on top of the beef.
- Once you have finished layering, pour your egg mixture over the top.
- Cook on high for two hours and low for 4.