Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Reinspired!!!

Today's weird health food moment is brought to you by Kefir Water. 

Ready for it guys???? 

Many of you have seen Kefir sold in the form of drinkable yogurt or even coconut milk yogurt or have experienced the effervescence in the form of Kombucha Tea.  To keep it as simple as possible, through the process of fermentation, kefir grains are live cultures that create pro biotics that help to balance the digestive tract. 

So my lovely friend Lisa, who has been coming up a lot this week, has been making her own Kefir water.  She gave me some of her extra Kefir grains and I have started making my own!!!  What a great money saver!!!  Instead of spending 3.50 a bottle on Kombucha, I have my own pro biotic, raw water hanging out on my counter all the time just waiting for me to drink it!!!  So cool! 

Not only is making my own cost effective, but I love that it is one less thing to put on my grocery list!!!  And it is so easy!!!!  And the kefir grains keep growing and growing and growing!  So there is plenty to share!!!  I love this simple form of abundance!  If anyone is interested, I am happy to share some of my extra grains with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment