Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Feminist Manifesto

Feminism refers to movements aimed at defining, establishing and defending equal political, economic, and social rights and equal opportunities for women. 

Today's blog is in response to "feminists" who are giving Natalie Portman shit for thanking her partner for providing her with "her most important role" as a mother in her Oscar speech. 

There is nothing more counter intuitive than a "feminist," or any person for that matter, deciding for Portman what should or should not be important to her. 

What can we do as women to help shift the negativity of feminism and help each other on our continued path towards equality?  It is really quite simple. 
BE SUPPORTIVE OF OTHER WOMEN

In order to unite as sisters we need to remember that there is no defined role for women.  That is a beautiful, liberating thing.  You can be whatever you want.  Yeah, seriously.  Whatever you want.  So in our quest as women to find what we want and who we want to be, can we please stop berating other women for their choices and start showing each other some love?  Can we please celebrate that different women want different things?  Can we stop comparing ourselves to other women and just enjoy being the women that we are? 

I am exhausted of bullshit and drama.  I cannot believe the amount of life we waste judging other people. This is inspiring me to work on myself by not participating in negative speech or passing judgment on others.  I am hoping this frees up my mind and frees up my heart by letting in more positivity.  I do not understand why human beings are so scared of and resistant to opening our hearts and loving each other.  Maybe I will learn that in my 700 level courses. 

1 comment:

  1. 'I cannot believe the amount of life we waste judging other people.'

    That says it all right there Jane. Well said.

    ReplyDelete