Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Green and Clean

I have been noticing my eating habits getting a bit out of whack lately.  With a smidge of PMS and  my husband being away on tour with his band,  I might be seeking solace in a jar of peanut butter, some chips and salsa, a couple of cartons of coconut milk ice cream, and some organic chocolate.  Not horrible foods to indulge in, but my digestive system is a little out of whack. 

I also have a pretty big race coming up-  The Broad Street Run!  It is a 10 mile race and only the second race I have ever run.  I owe it to myself and my body to clean up my act and get myself in full training mode.  Here is my planned regiment for the next 30 days:

Exercise:
Crossfit 3-4x/week
2 runs during the week- 1 long (8-10 miles) and 1 short (3-6 miles)
Rebounding 10-20 minutes/day depending on my workout for the day

Eating plan: 
Breakfast- Green Smoothie
Lunch- Sun Warrior Protein Smoothie with lots of fruit and/or coconut water/meat and my superfoods (maca, camu camu, etc.)
Snack- Lara Bar
Dinner- Sun Warrior Protein Smoothie with more fruity yumminess

My blog friend Lauren inspired me to get my act together.  Please check out her blog at:
www.rawissexy.com
Lauren is about to enter a bikini competition and is totally going to wow some crowds.  She is incorporating lots of clean eating into a great physical regime. 

Wish me luck!  Tomorrow is day 1.  Now I have to go finish off a jar of peanut butter and tortilla chips hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment