Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hungry Like the Wolf

So yesterday was better.  I managed breakfast and lunch as green smoothies.  I did a protein shake before class and then 2 Lara bars and an avocado for dinner.  Again, all raw, but still not completely adhering to the "cleanse" I wanted to do before my colonic today.  I am really thankful that I reread the instructions for the colonic.  It said that eating raw foods was considered a cleanse in and of itself and that "some" choose to do a green smoothie/green juice cleanse, but its not necessary.  THANK GOD!!!!  That "some" is totally not me.  Doing a heavy work out regime and chasing around my two girls is A LOT of work that needs serious fuel. 

So in celebration of food, I am going to share a couple of recipes.

Green Starter Smoothie- This is one of my favorites.  It is one of the most palatable for those of you who are not really into greens.  Start off with 1 cup of greens- probably spinach is your mildest choice.  This is also a great one for kids to start out on.  Lilah started drinking these bad boys when she was just over a year.  

2 bananas
1c pineapple
blend with 8oz freshly squeezed orange juice (NOT the stuff in the carton.  It has been pasturized and is not as nutrient rich as the freshly squeezed kind- your sexy body deserves better!)
while your blender is blending, add 1-2 cups of your favorite green- spinach, kale, whatever you've got ;0)

*Sun Warrior Raw Protein Powder is the SHIT!!!  It tastes great, blends beautifully, is raw and makes you feel like a million bucks!  I have tried numerous protein powders and this is by far my favorite.  Some whey protein powders made me feel like I had just swallowed a brick.  Sun Warrior leaves you brick free and feeling fabulous! www.sunwarrior.com


Jane's Protein Bomb
16oz water
2 scoops Sun Warrior Protein Powder- I like vanilla the best for this one
1/4 c. hempseeds
1-2 c. frozen strawberries, cherries, or blueberries (pick your yummy poison)
1 tsp Maca powder (listen up sexy beasts- this is great for sexual potency)

Chocolate Cherry Protein Bomb
16 oz water
1 frozen banana
1 c. frozen cherries
2 scoops Sun Warrior Chocolate Protein Powder
1 tbsp raw cacoa
1 tsp Maca (yep, I'm a pervert and I add it to everything hahahahaha)

Wish me luck tonight!  I will let you know how shit turns out tomorrow.  Literally.
Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment