Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cleansing Diet=Epic Fail

My green smoothie/green juice cleanse came to an abrupt halt yesterday afternoon.  After dropping the girls off at school and doing my 6 mile run, I got home, hit the shower, and was STARVING!!!!  Imagine that.  So the hunger beast got the best of me.  I did still eat raw and Paleo, but I totally hit up some solids. 

Yesterday's food:
8oz green juice
2 apples
2 bananas
Post run feeding frenzy
Sun Warrior (2 scoops) with frozen blueberries and banana
1 Lara Bar
Avocado and bell pepper salad
And a very enjoyable late evening meal with Nate, Mary, and Dave at Station Taproom.  HERE is the EPIC WIN:  I DID NOT EAT WINGS.  BLUE CHEESE DID NOT TOUCH MY LIPS. 
It was a miracle I tell you!  A miracle!   I have now discovered my new favorite raw vegan Station Taproom meal:  A house salad without croutons and guacamole instead of dressing.  OH HELL TO THE YES, Whitney!!!  I did it!  I found a food substitution that works!!!  Now Nate can enjoy his Cuban and wings and I don't feel like a deprived model the week before fashion week sipping on water and lemon taking frequent cocaine breaks (for all of my friends who are models, you know I don't mean YOU). 

I'm going to try to get through today with green smoothies.  This morning was 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 banana, and 2 cups of kale.  That smoothie kept me sustained through a really good Crossfit workout today.  The key is going to be getting the blender going and catching myself right before I go into Sally Struthers mode. 

Wish me luck bitches (and I say bitches with the utmost respect and love)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment