Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting your "shit" straightened out

Sorry about the lack of posting lately.  It has been an incredibly busy week.

Nate is doing pretty well living his new gluten free lifestyle.  He isn't really doing the Paleo thing, but I guess baby steps are in order here ;0)  I'm really proud of him!

As for me, I am embarking on something new and exciting:  Colonics.  Most normal ladies ask for jewelery or a massage for their birthdays.  Not me, bitches.  I want my colon cleansed.  Thank the Lord I have a husband who gets me. 

Yes.  Colonics.  And yes, I am blogging about it.  Because God knows very few others will.

Why on earth would I do this?  I keep reading about the importance of doing periodic colon cleansing when on a raw food diet to make the detoxifying process easier.  As you begin cleaning up your diet, your body tries to get rid of the trash.  Colon cleansing allows you to get the trash out more quickly so that your detox symptoms aren't as severe.  For any of you who have done a cleanse or cut a lot of processed foods out of your diet all at once, you feel like ass warmed over.  But, once you get over the hump, you feel so incredible, that you couldn't imagine going back to eating things that do so much harm to your body.  And eventually, processed food makes you sick.  Its like you body working in reverse.  You should be unable to tolerate processed foods, but your body becomes so addicted to them that they can't function without them.  When you start eating healthy, you detox.  Then, when your body starts to thrive on healthy, living foods, it beings to be intolerant to shit.  I'm all about being intolerant to shit and getting my shit together. For me personally, doing this is like a final farewell to foods that are not healthy for me.  Once you do something as hardcore as a colonic, you would really be cheating yourself to go out and eat a plate of wings. 

So starting today begins an epic green smoothie/green juice cleanse.  Only green juice and green smoothies.  This is going to be very difficult for me, especially given the work out regime I keep.  Then a series of three colonic appointments that start on Thursday evening.  You are going to get the details here people.  These blogs are not going to be for the weak.  Please send me lots of love over the next few weeks!  I am going to need a hell of a lot of it doing this cleanse.  Along with physical cleansing, often comes emotional detox, so I am trying to mentally prepare myself for a potential breakdown.   But I am opening my heart and my colon to this new learning experience. 

Today:
a.m.- green juice- carrots, beets, parsley
green smoothie- kale, bananas
green smoothie- spinach, pineapple, banana, orange juice
green smoothie- grapefruit, blood orange, cilantro

*I will probably need another smoothie today to sustain me through a long run, but not sure what that will be yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment