Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Natural Deodorant

Since school doesn't start again until Monday, I have a little extra time for science experiments in my kitchen.  I stumbled across this blog link a long time ago and it has always been my intention to try this recipe for natural deodorant:

http://www.therawdivas.com/blog/2011/01/how-to-make-your-own-natural-deodorant/

It was really simple and is currently setting in my fridge, but I am not hopeful.  All of my natural deodorant exploration has led me back to Secret time and time again.  My body odor is always more powerful than what the hippies have to offer.   Plus, I'm a mom.  I'm a mom who exercises and  I don't always have time to take showers.  Usually a natural deodorant doesn't make it past my a.m. Crossfit class, let alone the rest of my day.  I will keep you guys posted on how it goes.  My apologies in advance to those I may stink around for the next few days.   

1 comment:

  1. I tried doing cornstarch + baking soda and it worked great, for only for a few months and then for some reason it stopped working!
    I've had a lot of trouble with natural deodorants, I've tried SO many. The only two that work for me are Liken Plant and Tom's Long Lasting
    (http://store.veganessentials.com/liken-deodorant-by-earth-science-p277.aspx)

    ReplyDelete