Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Monday, August 15, 2011

What do you eat???

Today's blog question of the day is:  WHAT DO YOU EAT????  So in addition to exploring my raw transition experiences, I'm going to share what I eat.  I'm going to try to do this daily for a week.  Lunch is where I eat the most.  My breakfasts and dinners are usually pretty light. 

Breakfast- 7:00 a.m. pre-Crossfit Workout
8oz coconut water, 8oz water
2 scoops Sunwarrior Chocolate Protein Powder
1 tspn Maca
1 tspn Greens powder- I use Vitamineral Green


32 oz water throughout the morning


Lunch 11:00 a.m.- post workout
tortilla chips (probably 3 servings), carrots, and cucumber dipped in white bean dip and salsa
2 coconut lime brazil nut cookies
1/4 cup marcona almonds
1 32 oz smoothie consisting of:
8oz coconut water, 8oz almond milk
2.5 frozen bananas
4 fresh mint leaves
2 scoops Chocolate Sunwarrior
1 tbspn raw cacao

Dinner/snack 4:15
2 bananas and a nectarine.  I might eat something else later, but I'm not sure, probably fruit or chips and salsa again. 

Usually I don't eat after 5 or 6 because I don't sleep well on a full stomach and get heartburn.  Right now, since I am weaning myself off of meat, I include a lot of non-raw, vegan and gluten free foods in my diet.  I would say right now, I am 60% raw, 40% cooked.  Once I get more stable on a vegan diet, then I will up my raw ratios again. 

This has to do with my tip of the day: Take it slowly!  In my experience so far, I have found that I need to move into things gradually.  The first things I gave up were wheat, dairy, and sugar (because I had to!).  It has taken a lot of work to get off of meat and dairy and I am still a work in progress on that one.  I have been eating vegan for 45 days.  I want to make this a permanent lifestyle change, but given my starts and stops in the past, I know when I'm giving up meat, I need lots of foods that are "cheat" foods or else I am falling face first into a burger before I even know what happened.  My new cheat foods are so different, and so much healthier than my old cheat foods!  Jane 5 years ago would laugh at the fact that a treat food is coconut milk ice cream, chips and salsa, or roasted nuts instead of raw.  That Jane's everyday foods were beer, nachos with lots of cheese and sour cream, pizza, and a big bowl of regular old ice cream.  No wonder today's Jane feels 100% healthier, fitter, and looks WAY better than Jane 5 years ago!

1 comment:

  1. Update: Another 1/2 cup of almonds and another gatrillion tortilla chips and salsa. Please do not follow my food journal as a weight loss plan. I eat like a man. A 300 pound man who is going into hibernation.

    ReplyDelete