Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Each day is a chance for greatness

Today my raw tip has to to with an all or nothing attitude.  I am notorious for this type of distorted thinking when it comes to what I eat.  I'm either vegan or I'm not.  I'm raw or I'm not.  I'm eating a green smoothie, or I'm eating a plateful of wings smothered in blue cheese. 

I'm slowly but surely moving away from this way of being.  I am starting to look at every day and every meal as a chance for greatness-  to eat healthy, not overeat, and to keep it as raw and vegan as possible.  Some days are a success and some days are total failures, but when I take it day by day, meal by meal, I have a lot more will power than when I think, "I'm going to be raw, vegan and eat sprouts forever and ever AMEN."  That's pretty freaking overwhelming.  Don't do that to yourself.  I'm trying not to do it either ;0)

I am having a lot of success right now.  I'm keeping things vegan and pretty high raw.  Each day I look at my calendar and say, I've gone 47 days of being vegan!!!!  That is really helpful.  It keeps it positive.  Just shifting things in that way makes burgers and wings WAY less tempting and off my plate.  In retrospect, I did the same thing when I quit smoking.  It got to a point where I thought, man, I've gone 6 months without a ciggy, I sure as hell don't want to blow that- and before I knew it, I was a nonsmoker! 

So here is my meal by meal today
Breakfast
8oz coconut water, 8 oz water
2 scoops chocolate Sunwarrior protein
1 tsp maca powder
1tbsp raw cacao
1 tsp greens powder
1 tbsp Sunwarrior Activated Barley
squirt of stevia

Lunch
2 c. cherries
1 young coconut, meat and water
2 scoops Sunwarrior Chocolate protein
1 c. spinach
1/2 tsp maca powder
1 tbsp raw cacao
squirt of stevia

Dinner
 Last night I ate my dinner as planned and also ate celery with almond butter and honey, a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter, and a lara bar.  The past couple of nights I have been doing some serious eating in the evening which as I've told you before, gives me some digestive problems.  I have been training really hard at the gym and my appetite is certainly showing it.  I'm going to try to eat a hearty  smoothie today at 5 and hopefully that will keep the later evening snack attacks at bay so I can get a good night sleep. 

Here is the smoothie plan
8 oz coconut water
2 frozen bananas
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 scoop vanilla Sunwarrior protein

I also might have a cup of decaf coffee tonight.  I thought I was over coffee, but my hubby bought the most delicious mocha almond decaf ever and I do love cuddling my hubsters over a nice, warm cup. 

Here's a secret:  I haven't been drinking either shhhhhhh!!!!!  Don't want to lose my street cred in the party circuit, but I have been feeling SOOO much better. I'm not a daily drinker, usually a couple of cocktails on the weekends (or 10 if Nate has a show), but man, I can't believe the difference in my energy levels- especially during my weekend workouts.  I'm proud of myself!  Kickin' ass and takin' names baby!

Happy Wednesday my loves!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment