Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh coffee- you currently taste like ass

Sorry I have been so slacktastic over the past couple of weeks with here in the bloggisphere.  As many of you know, I started my internship last week and have spent 20 hours a week out of the home.  Two of those hours probably would have been devoted to blogging.  I am sorry, and I will try to be better, but no promises.

Something really interesting happened to me this weekend:  I tried to drink decaf coffee and failed.  TWICE.

After not drinking coffee for months, I have finally lost my taste for it!  In the past, if I would sneak in a cup every once in awhile, I would be craving it for days afterward.  I do have to be honest, my coffee was always 1/2 c. cream, 1/2 c. coffee.  My favorite was that freaking French Vanilla Coffeemate which I am thoroughly convinced is laced with crack.  I could drink a bottle of it chased with another bottle of it and a tablespoon of coffee. 

I love being so "over" coffee.  It's like finally being over an ex who had a bad attitude, horrendous breath, and gave you anxiety.  It is one less substance on my "dirty list" that needed to go.  But the best part of this process is, it went freely.  I didn't have to kick and scream and throw a temper tantrum to get it out of my life.  (meat, not so much- still tantruming on that one)

I wonder what the next stop is going to be on the detox train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment