Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Grab Life by the Balls and Twist

My favorite quote that I posted this week is from Andrea Agar.  She said, "Sometimes being uncomfortable is the only way to save yourself from settling."

I love that shit.

Fears give us an excuse to settle and when you settle, you do not grow.  When you don't grow, you don't get the life you want and deserve.  Your life may look successful on the surface, but you know in the deepest depths of your soul that there is more out there for you.  Way more.   

I hate excuses and I hate settling. I am currently working on testing myself and going to physical and emotional places that make me uncomfortable because I want to grow.

For example, today my friend and I went indoor rock climbing.  I am very afraid of heights.  When I do rope climbs in the gym or have climbed plastic rocks before, I never look down.  Never.  Before I even got to the gym today, I told myself:  TODAY IS THE DAY WHEN I LOOK THE FUCK DOWN.  So when I got to the top of the climb, I stopped using my fear of heights as an excuse and I looked down.  I received the gift of experiencing climbing from a different perspective.  It wasn't from the bottom looking up at what I had already accomplished in the afterglow, but from the top looking down, right smack dab in the moment of the experience.  I literally got to enjoy the view from the top.  

So sometimes you have to put yourself out there, be uncomfortable, and stop settling.  We deserve the best and our behaviors and thoughts dictate what that best becomes for us.  Every time you settle or stay in your comfy place, you are saying to yourself subtly, "I can't, I don't deserve better, I'm not willing to take risks because I do not have confidence in myself to overcome obstacles."

Well fuck that noise.  Life is a series of challenges that you can choose to back away from or you can choose to take down.  Challenge yourself because you can handle it.  Don't ever settle.  Be bigger, be better, be stronger than you ever thought you could be.

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment