Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Club Six Pack

So I guess the Valentine's themes are falling to the wayside as the people in my life are moving my writings in other directions.  I love when this happens!  Blogs seem to take on a mind of their own with the energy and feedback of the readers.  It's pretty freaking cool ;0)

I've been grain free for a few weeks now and am feeling amazing!  I cannot believe what a difference cutting corn and brown rice protein powder from my diet would make.  Now there have been some delicious substitutions, because you know I need some treats every now and again (Daily).  Sweet potato chips have replaced tortilla chips and I have been eating a lot of oven baked fries.  When I say a lot, I mean A LOT.  Last night I came home from class and literally ate 1 sweet potato and 3 regular ones.  I'm no joke.

I have been gently reminded by some of my fellow gym buddies that we are trying to work on six packs for summer.  I like to refer to my stomach as One Ab and a Pooch.  Thankfully it is pretty flat, but I have some work to do.  I haven't really been watching my calories or weight.  I am still seeing a lot of physical improvement from my workouts, but if I'm going to get into the six pack club with my buds, I'm going to have to get my ass/abs in gear and do some dietary tweaks. 

Thankfully, there is still time. 

The first thing on my agenda is to talk to the trainers to find out exactly how a 6 pack is accomplished.  One of my raw fitness gurus said that, "Abs are made in the kitchen," and I firmly believe that BUT I'm sure there are some workout tricks that can help this process.

I know the nutritional answer to this is protein and veggies.  No carbs.  Well, that shit ain't gonna fly here.  I'm the least carb phobic person on the planet, and honestly, I thrive on fruit.  So my nutritional adjustments are  going to involve major economic destruction in Idaho as I cut potatoes way down and up my fruits and greens. 

Anyone can get in on Club Six Pack,  Club Healthier Eating, or Club Exercise 3x per week.  Tailor it to your goals.  Join in and let's have some fun together!



xoxo
J

2 comments:

  1. I just went grain free too...but I also (hold on to your pants) started eating some grass fed meat! Something tells me that you better call me stat mama for a check in! Miss you and am thinking you are super busy with school right now. Hope all is well.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon was the gateway food huh??? LMAO!!! I will always love you, no matter what you eat and if I remember correctly, you were one of my biggest supporters during ALL of my meat benders. I am pretty sure you are the most non-judgmental person I have ever met. Those of us who have been constantly judged are usually the most tolerant, right??? ;0) I love you dearly and I'm hoping the big move is going off without a hitch. Prepare yourself for a serious phone call. love ya!

    ReplyDelete