Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Balls- A Scandalously Delicious Treat

I'm not sure what it is about peanut butter, but we have a little love affair going on.  When I am training hard, it seems to be my go-to food.  After a couple of google searches, I realized just how common it is for athletes who are training hard in various sports/athletic endeavors to crave it.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the fat/protein/nutrient ratio.  As you all know, I am not a nutritionist, but that is my hypothesis.


Here is a little yummy treat for those of you who lust after peanut butter the way I do:

Jane's Scandalously Easy/Delicious Peanut Butter Balls

18 oz jar of natural peanut butter (If you are following strict Paleo, substitute almond butter)
2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 c honey (you can add more or less to taste- after all, they are your balls)
Mix this together and form into balls.  Refrigerate them and eat them at your leisure.

Now this is a food that is high in calories, fat, and carbs.  If you are reading this recipe thinking, "Hell yes!  I can eat these 'healthy' cookies everyday," you are sadly mistaken.  This is a treat food.  It is especially good for those times when you need to gain weight, are training like crazy, or have seriously killer PMS/DudeMS. 

You will go nuts for them.  Get it?  Balls?  Nuts?  Peanut Butter?  God I'm awesome. 
xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment