Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jacking up the Flow

For those of you who do not do Crossfit, time off is a necessary part of training.  Rest is helpful mentally and physically.  Some days you just do not want to talk about freaking crossfit- I know that seems hard to believe coming from me.  Plus, your body needs that time to recover from the exercise and repair itself.

This past week, I had three days off in a row.  There were sick kiddos and shit to get accomplished that took priority over workouts.   Before I knew it, it was Wednesday afternoon and I had yet to hit a work out.  So I decided since my flow was already jacked, I was going to go with it and mix it up.  Not only did I take the rest days, but I visited other Crossfit gyms.  I worked with different coaches, different athletes, and it was nice to take a mental break from my routine and get out of my world for a bit. 

Sometimes you've got to mix it up.  We all get stuck in our ways sometimes.  Variety is the spice of life after all ;0)  And now I feel rejuvenated and ready to get back to my coaches, my workout buddies, and my routine.

It's almost Open time!!!  Get ready to rock it, my loves!!!

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment