Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Rawgust

Good morning from the land of sleeping children!  I have been running my girls ragged this summer and they are sleeping in today!!!  Yay!!!

Today is August 1st and my first day back into the land of raw.  I never go into anything in my life without a plan, so of course, my raw eating is no different.  I am not going to do one hundred percent raw as I had planned.  I am going to do 80%. 

Here is what the menu looks like for today.  Breakfast was delicious ;0)

Breakfast- preworkout
1 banana
1 orange
1-2 handfuls of spinach
1 tbsp maca powder
3 tbsp hemp protein powder
blended into a smoothie with 8 oz of Vita coco coconut water (not raw- coconut water is pasteurized unless it comes straight from the coconut itself)

Lunch
2-3 cups romaine
1 avocado
1 can of salmon (not raw, clearly not vegan)

Snack
2 tbsp chia seeds

Dinner
1 banana
2 scoops Sunwarrior protein powder
water

Remember friends, hydration is key.  You will be doing a lot of detoxing as you add more raw, organic foods and lots of water and exercise can help flush those toxins like the little bitches that they are.  Fruit is a heavy detoxer and not everyone tolerates a lot well. When I look at my day, after coming off of Paleo, 3 pieces of fruit seems like a lot, but in the raw world, you eat a shit ton of fruit.  I'm trying to find the right balance between too much and too little. 

Hope you guys have a successful, happy, and vibrant August 1st!!!!

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment