Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Monday, July 16, 2012

My Neglected Blog!!!

Oh my poor little neglected blog buddies!!!  I am so sorry I have been the ultimate in blog bitch outs this summer.  Needless to say, taking four classes, hanging out by the pool with the kiddos, socializing, and crossfitting my ass off has taken priority over the blog.  So sorry to leave you all high and dry, but I have a feeling you guys have been having too much fun beaching and barbequing to miss me too much ;0)

What I am figuring out this summer is that negative thoughts breed negativity.  That was my update from the department of the obvious for all y'all.

But seriously, when you think negatively, it influences your entire being from head to toe.  This can be applied to anything from your eating habits to the way you view your job.  We all have bad days, and we have a right to them, but being in constant patterns of negative thinking only serve to make you miserable.  I call negative people, "Eeyores."  You know them when you encounter them.  They drain the shit out of you and are not nearly as fun or cute as the Winnie the Pooh character.  "My life is so hard, my life sucks, things will never get better, I will never be as skinny as ______, I will never be as smart as_______, Things just never go my way..." 

FUCKING BARF. 

I cannot stand when people act like this and I really cannot take myself when I fall into these patterns of thinking.  So I have spent most of my summer trying to be positive and having some serious fun in the process.  I started practicing my own psychobabble on myself and reframing the hell out of my life.  Hey, I gained a few pounds- but hell to the yeah, I'm getting stronger and my boobs are making a guest star appearance in my bikini!  Yeah, school is rough, but goddamn it, I'm going to write research papers on cool shit.  Did I have to take a modified on a workout because I suck at pistol squats and fall on my ass?  Yup, but I'm getting better at pistols and I got a good laugh when I fell.

I am also trying to spend more time in the here and now and making sure I am enjoying myself.  If I want to do something, I do it.  If I don't want to do something and it isn't urgent or no one is about to die if I don't step in, I allow myself to come back to it later.  I'm forgiving my "imperfections" and trying to stop force feeding other people in my life my standards and expectations.  It's a much happier place to live.  

So words of wisdom from Jane:  When life hands you lemons, toss in some vodka and make it a party.   

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment