Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The smell of Saturday night

I will never forget the moment I found my signature scent.  I was 21 years old and walking around a perfumery in Paris (Epcot at Disney on a family vacation).  I picked up the most beautiful, apple shaped, blue bottle.  When I sprayed it, I was overwhelmed.  I had never smelled something like it and I haven't since.  I turned to my companion (my mom) and asked her what she thought.  She loved it and she bought it for me. 

That day in Paris (Epcot) changed my Saturday nights forever.

My favorite perfume has accompanied me on many, many wild nights.  The last thing I do before I leave my house on a night out is put it on.  It is my exclamation point.  My scent makes me feel sexy and a little dangerous.  It helps me put the mom away for the night and bring out the sensual part of me that has been stifled.  It helps me remember who I was before I had my kids.  I remember she still exists and gets to come out and play sometimes too- except her play dates involve vodka, dancing, and flirting.  

I have worn my perfume for 11 years now.  It has been with me through many unforgettable evenings. This Saturday night is my best friend's bachelorette party and it is going to be sealed with a spray.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment