Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Christmas Miracle

I have chosen to surround myself with wonderful, positive, generous people.  Life is too short to hang with assholes.  Although time and busy schedules often separate us, it amazes me how some of my friends know exactly what I need and when I need it, even if they are unaware of the impact of their actions/words.  The highlight of my Christmas this year was not only getting to see a good friend that I have not been able to spend nearly enough time with this year, but to experience her absolute selflessness and how connected we really are.

Christmas Eve morning, Nate and I were checking out Molly's favorite boots and realized that they were pretty much done for the year.  In fact, both of the girls were in dire need of new boots. My good friend texted me early that afternoon asking if she could stop by with gifts for the kids.  When she stopped by she busted out... UGG Boots for the girls.  It was truly a Christmas miracle.  Not only did the girls get the boots they desperately needed, but she bought them The Creme de la Creme of boots.  I was absolutely blown away- not only by her generosity- but that she knew (without knowing) exactly what we needed and when we needed it.  Some would consider this a coincidence, but I am too much of a new age hippie to believe that nonsense.

I call that being in tune. 

Thank you to my friend, who has been there for me through thick and thin, and is truly generous to everyone in her life, including my children.  She is someone who gives without expectations.  A person like her is rare and unique and I am so lucky to have her in my life.

I love you
xoxoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment