Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Green Juice

Raw, Paleo, and Standard American Diet following friends alike should add this alkaline gem into their food repertoire.  Green juice is not always the yummiest thing in the world, but if you can down a shot of vodka or chug a beer, you can certainly down some liquid chlorophyll that purifies your body and hydrates your cells. 

Here is what I have been juicing:
1 cucumber
1 bunch of romaine
1 lime
1 carrot
1 celery stalk
*if you are a total wuss, add an apple and it will sweeten it.  And don't cheap out, buy organic, you DO NOT want to juice pesticides and send them directly into your blood stream (just sayin').

Drink this first thing in the morning and follow with fruit, a green smoothie, or your normal breakfast after about 20 minutes.  The 20 minutes allows the juice to hit up your sexy body without distracting it from doing its magic with having to digest other foods.  

I have a Jack Lalane juicer that was gifted to me a few years ago from one of Nate's co-workers.  It was when I first started learning about raw foods and how powerful they can be in healing your body.  I am a firm believer in manifestation and if you take positive energy and love, focus it in the right direction, then beautiful things will find you.  In this case, I manifested a juicer.  It wasn't as specific as I WANT A JUICER, it was more a general manifestation of helping me to find health and a healing path for me, my family, and my friends.  The juicer found its way to me and has provided the family with beautiful, healthy juices for the past few years.  I hope this blog finds people who are trying to find health and longevity just like that juicer found me ;0)
xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment