Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

See what grows

Planting seeds happen in so many ways.  I'm not just talking about planting shit.  I'm also talking about the power of our minds.  Some people call it manifestation, some call it fate.  Whatever you call it, I manifested some amazingly delicious pumpkin banana pudding today.

Today when I was babysitting at the gym, I was feeding a super fabulous toddler some pumpkin banana baby food.  Nasty in theory, delicious in reality.  As I was feeding her, I kept smelling it and talking about how delicious it looked with one my fellow kid watching cohort.  She and I talked about our love of pumpkin pie and I told her a story of my super fail last Thanksgiving when I tried to make a raw pumpkin pie.

On what seems like an unrelated note, when you have a compost pile, sometimes random stuff grows.  I have had a mystery veggie growing in the compost all summer and have been waiting to find out exactly what it is.  When I got home from the gym, fixed the girls lunch, and had a full compost container, I took the scraps out to the compost pile and GUESS WHAT????

My mystery veggie was sugar pumpkin and there was a perfectly ripe one waiting for me!!!  HELL TO THE YES!!!!  So I took it inside and decided I was going to rewrite the suckfest recipe from last year.  I don't have the exact ratios because I am kind of like a mad scientist in the kitchen, but the result was RAWSOME.

the meat from 1 magically compost grown sugar pumpkin
2 perfectly ripe bananas
1 healthy squeeze of agave nectar
1/2ish c. almond butter (that's what was missing at Thanksgiving)
a Lilah shake of cinnamon and a mama shake of allspice (Lilah shakes are generous and allspice is strong)

The kids loved it, I loved it, and I think it was the universe's way of treating me when I needed a boost and  a reminder of the beauty and simplicity of nature.  Sometimes it is as easy as putting unconscious energy out there is to get what you truly need from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment