Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Product Review: AMRAP Nutrition Refuel Bars

Today a bunch of Crossfit Inspire and Proven members met up at the Reebok store to do a WOD.  Needless to say, they are going to do some serious mopping tonight.  Everyone left some sweat on the floor!  Not only was this a fun event, but it was productive.  Everyone got some new, sweet workout gear in addition to kicking some ass.  My whole family got new sneakers!  It was a really fun event and a big thanks to Darin for putting it together.


When I got home from all of my shopping and woding, I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me!  Ron Slavick and the super sexy people at AMRAP Nutrition sent me four boxes of their new bars in exchange for a little writing I did for them.  Let me just tell you, they are delicious.  And huge.  I guess I am used to Larabars because these babies looked ENORMOUS when I pulled them out of the box.  I made Nate taste test them with me and we both thought they were delicious.  Lara bars are wonderful but they do not always keep me full.  These bars have 14 grams of egg white protein and are HEAVY- in a good way!  They are completely Paleo and use raw honey as a sweetener.     These are great meal replacement bars.  I'm pretty sure they would be able to keep me full for at least 3 or 4 hours.  I cannot wait to take them to school on the nights I have class for 6 hours straight or for times like today, when I am out and about and do not want to play food roulette at a restaurant and wonder about hidden sugars and gluten. 

You can get them at www.amrapnutrition.com.  The price breakdown is about 3 bucks a bar.  Given the size, quality ingredients, and the fact that it could replace an entire meal, I think it's a pretty good deal. 
xoxo
J
p.s. Do you love how I'm finally adding pictures?  I will stop being such a dinosaur now ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment