Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Healthy Eating- Day ?

I have no idea what day we are on, but Kelly and I are kicking ass.  I am so proud of how well we are doing.  There have been a couple of bumps in the road- I had a glass of wine when I was out to dinner on Valentine's Day and Kelly had a special sushi dinner where she opted to have a cocktail.  But all and all, no biggie.  Weekends are tough and trying to eat super clean 100% of the time can be demoralizing for social creatures.  This is for incorporating doable, permanent changes into our lives, not being neurotic crazy women who think we "ruined" our stupid ass ":cleanse" if a tortilla chip touches our lips.  

Kelly is crushing it!  No coffee, 1 cocktail, and has been creating beautiful, new delicious recipes like a boss. She is super creative, so I am not surprised to see this coming out in her cooking.  One thing I have been doing is adding more fruits and veggies in my diet.  My energy is sky rocketing.  The girls and I have been drinking fruit/veggie/green smoothies with me every morning and we are really enjoying them. They were resistant at first, but quickly got into the groove.

Kelly is fitting into jeans that have been snug. I lost 1.5% body fat.  I'm not going to complain about that!  And because we haven't been completely psycho, the lifestyle has been pretty easy to maintain.  We have been focusing on how many positive changes we have made and are not getting caught up in the slip ups.  There is no "failure" here.  Just focusing on how good we feel and how fun it is to eat healthy, learn new recipes, and support each other through the process.

Have a super fabulous day!!!
xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment