Welcome to Optimal Health Mama

Thanks for cruising by and becoming part of my personal revolution of self-love, health, and hilarity!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Earth Speak

Whenever I am going through a difficult time, I find myself time and time again drawn to one of my favorite stores:  Earth Speak.  For those of you who have never been there, it is a new age hippie shop smack dab in the middle of Kimberton.  They have crystals, sage, books, candles- everything an incense burning love child like myself could desire. 

Today Lilah and I drove there so I could get some crystals, sage, a feather, and five minutes of serenity.  If you have never picked out crystals or stones, it is a really cool experience.  Usually the piece you were meant to find sticks out like a sore thumb.  You read the description of the energy it is supposed to work with and usually that shit applies.  It directly connects in a way that is far beyond coincidence.  At some point, I would love to use crystals therapeutically.  I have used color meditations before, but never went full on crystal hippie on people.  I think that is something I need to be more open to incorporating in my psychological practices with others and have less fear about people thinking I am bat shit crazy. 

The earth and nature have so many incredible lessons to teach.  We can connect with it in ways that we can feel, but never logically understand.  I feel this when I am hiking, at the beach, or holding the right crystal during a meditation.  There is something magical about the smell of burning herbs and essential oils that resonates with me in a way that feels calming, grounding, and peaceful.  During times of turmoil, I try to make a more conscious effort to connect with the earth and connect with what is "real." 

If you have never been to Earth Speak, you have GOT to check it out. 

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment